An account on how service management and assurance turned out to be powerful enablers for improved business performance.
The client is the largest commercial bank in India. The client wanted to recover efficiency, enhance productivity, deploy services more rapidly, and provide an improved customer experience.
The Skillmine Solution
We devised a solution- the Skillmine service assurance solution with three main specialized sub-offerings that target specific needs or a combination for its customers:
- Look at basic processes and exploit low-hanging fruits to reduce the volume of incidents in general.
- Reshaping operations, defining efficiency, devising recovery approaches for core operational competencies, and exploring alternative options for non-core ones.
- Transform traditional operations into a service-oriented operational paradigm that brings together cost efficiency, service performance insight, and customer-centricity.
How was the solution implemented?
- Time motion study
A time-motion study of the existing working practices, investigations of processes and tools, and an analysis of data and reports were carried out by our team. We undertook identification and validation of gaps, defined the problem statements in the initial stage.
- Generate quick wins
We were able to reduce incidents by identifying missing maintenance activities. The unwanted alerts were removed, rogue assets which were generating frequent alerts were fixed, and failed change incidents were nullified.
- Refine and define processes
Skillmine covered the gaps to re-write the processes in a language simple to understand. We conducted training and workshops, identified and created process champions within different groups, systemized the processes with existing tools, and introduced manual tools as needed.
- Management by numbers
We introduced a metrics regime whereby daily, weekly, and monthly reports become the basis of all discussions and reviews. We kept an eye out for user feedback surveys, understood the deficiency, and devised a Continuous Improvement Programme (CIP). For e.g., We resolved the tickets, created KB articles, and more.
- Resourcing and quality
Skillmine reviewed the resourcing needs of the team to build a business case. We introduced Service Quality Framework and developed quality champions. We also suggested performance-based routines based on numbers.
- Self-help and user education
We created self-help portals and self-help video articles. We also conducted a walk-the-floor segment and educated users about how service organizations work. We had actively sought inputs and launched a campaign to publicize the IT service delivery and operations.
- Advance processes
We identified the fitment and needs for availability/configuration / SLA mgmt. etc. Also, we started daily sunrise calls, weekly book reviews, and more to analyze trends.
What were the benefits derived by the client?
- Skillmine’s Service Assurance Solution has helped the client identify, isolate, troubleshoot, and repair service problems that are impacting their customers and IT / network services, more rapidly, efficiently, and cost-effectively.
- The solution utilized IT Consulting Services leveraging on people, process, and technology. It has helped the client set up a comprehensive service assurance function.
- We were able to leverage our own expertise to develop best practices for the client that helped them improve the customer experience.
Skillmine continues to work in the spirit to create solutions that enable businesses to accelerate their growth. To know more about how Skillmine can add value to your business story, reach out to us: