An account of how bespoke solutions revamped project implementation perspective for the business.
The client is a product engineering company in aero engines, aerospace & defence, hi-tech and industrial, medical devices, oil and gas, power, and transportation verticals with operations spread across 73 locations in 15 countries.
What were the business challenges incurred by the business?
- Multiple data centres scattered all over India catering to multiple customers required physical consolidation.
- IT infrastructure needed to be refreshed.
- Obsolete IT security solutions required solution integration and OEM coordination.
- Project governance and communication was required.
The Skillmine Solution
- Gaps in technology implementation were reviewed as per compliance and quality requirements.
- Created a new and modern architecture and design for the new data centers.
- Built specific bespoke solutions for network voice and IT security.
- Owned the ODC movement.
- Consolidated all the data centres physically in Bangalore while keeping them virtually separated and segregated through security layers.
- Testing, decommissioning, service consolidation, network cabling and organizing project governance and communication was undertaken.
What were the benefits delivered to the business?
- A robust architecture and design forum which reused certain solutions from pre-existing data centres, while removing the obsolete solutions.
- New technologies like bus bars and cold aisle were used to create physical boundaries in the data centres, to meet the regulatory and compliance requirements of various customers.
- Separate cages within the data centres to meet compliance requirements.
- Project implementation made easy by breaking it into small phases.
- Phase wise migration of logical groups of smaller data centres from their existing locations to their new locations.
- Proper back-up of data before the lift and shift to ensure zero loss of data in case of equipment damage.
- Logical mapping of network ports and IP addresses.