An account of how implementing ITSM best practices helped the customer in optimizing its services.
The Client is the ONLY independent, all-India insurance broker with placement capabilities across all lines of commercial insurance in India and in over 100 countries. Being specialists in different areas of corporate insurance, they have their presence in PAN India.
What were the challenges faced by the customer?
- Frequent escalations regarding IT issues leading to poor user experience.
- Primitive IT setup with no tools and processes for managing the estate.
- The IT delivery framework had no SLA assurance and industry-standard processes.
- Basics around asset management and patching cycles were missing.
- Poorly designed network infrastructure within the organization.
The Skillmine Solution
- Provided level 1-2-3 support for Microsoft Technologies, platforms, compute, storage, and networks. Standardized the IT infrastructure support mechanisms.
- Created the base ITSM Processes which was based on industry-based practices and ITIL v3, which covers
➢ Incident/service request management.
➢ Major incident management.
➢ Event management.
➢ Change management.
➢ Problem management.
➢ Asset management.
- Implemented OP Manager for proactive monitoring of infrastructure. It also helped in reporting capacity and performance management.
- Managed engine service desk plus a tool for the incident problem and change management. Raised support calls and coordinated with OEMs in case of hardware or platform issues.
- Conducted major incident and service recovery management.
- Managed engine desktop central tool to identify security patches and OS patches for servers and platforms.
What were some benefits delivered to the customer?
- More than 80% of system alerts were fixed and closed as a part of the first call resolution.
- Incident resolutions within SLA with industry-standard aging norms.
- Ageing of problem management is now less than 30 days (All RCA identified and permanent fixes executed).
- Metrics in place to show a reduction in Mean-Time-To-Fix and Mean-Time-Between-Failures.
- Standardized management and execution of problem and change management.
- Provided automation and self-heal techniques by coordinated efforts for the integration of tools.
- Planning, standardization, and execution of maintenance cycles – Skillmine Blue Books.
Delivered optimization, better refresh cycles, and more to ensure continuous improvement plans.