A story of how Skillmine’s Digital Transformation service enabled better tracking and enhanced the user experience.
The client is a leading provider of integrated cash transit services to its banking customers across the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Its value-adding services include replenishment of currency in ATMs, transport of cash for industries and HNIs, secure transit of gold and expensive watches, and more. The client holds more than 55% share of the ATM cash replenishment business in KSA.
What were the challenges the client faced?
- Delays in FLM services leading to penalties, balancing issues leading to cash shortage.
- Manual cash management, poor workforce management, and lack of scheduling.
- Non-uniformity of operations and elongated waiting hours for cash replenishment. There used to be a delay in passcode generation due to heavy call traffic at the company’s call center.
- Linear and static finance application leading to leakage in billing and revenue. The cost ledger had more than 10000 categories.
The Skillmine Solution
- Created an algorithm to reduce the mismatch of notes replenished, dispensed, and returned from the ATM machine. Using Data Analytics, Data Matching, and Automation, Skillmine created a functionality wherein the data was immediately verified to catch burglary.
- Evaluated and designed the deployment of the CIT & FINANCE ERP applications.
- Created a geo-positioning algorithm to verify the credentials of the staff who was at the location for the purpose of cash replenishment. The system would send an OTP to the operator to open & close the ATM automatically.
- Introduced an e-lock facility. This facility would regulate the opening and closing of ATM machines. The algorithm ensured cash would not be dispensed if the machine was not cleaned on the visit. This enforced change in the behaviour of the staff.
- Designed and implemented MS-SharePoint workflow for document management. Also, designed and implemented Office365 with email migration.
What were some benefits delivered to the client?
- Streamlined business processes and better tracking. The solution also ensured regulatory compliance and security.
- Enabled the crew to work independently, without dependency in completing day-to-day tasks.
- Provided a simple, familiar, and consistent user experience simplified everyday business activities, and helped meet regulatory requirements.
- Simplified common activities such as initiating, tracking, and reporting business activities.
- Email, files, and Office programs were made accessible anywhere with entirely cloud-based solutions.
- Enhanced security with features like encrypted email, data loss prevention, MDM, ATA.