Building a “digital-first” organization has come to rely heavily on the cloud. Cloud allows businesses to co-innovate with service providers, making it possible to deliver intelligent solutions that are easily accessible, flexible, and agile.
Gartner suggests that global spending on cloud services is expected to exceed 482 billion dollars in 2022, up from 313 billion dollars in 2020. Flexera 2021 State of the Cloud Report suggests that 31% of enterprises spend more than 12 million dollars annually on cloud services.
Today’s organizations can alter their procedures to engage customers more naturally thanks to adopting digital devices, apps, storage, and other tools. This aids in ensuring the following:
- Remote employees maintain communication.
- Large projects are completed without the need for on-site IT support.
- Data is secure even when it is available to anybody who needs it.
Benefits of cloud-enabled digital transformation
Cloud adoption is the first step in any effective digital transformation.
Here are some benefits of cloud adoption:
- Minimal outages: By limiting outages, cloud resources assist in lowering crucial downtime.
- Efficiency: Provides businesses with various offices or locations with a single interface to manage and implement changes. Troubleshooting may be done from a single place, removing the need for the IT professionals to travel back and forth.
- Adaptability: Cloud object storage consolidates multiple files essential to a business in one location. Video, images, and more can be made available for access by each of a business’ applications.
- Security: The data is kept safe in the cloud thanks to excellent protection against security lapses, data loss, and virus threats.
CASE STUDY 1
A leading R&D pharmaceutical business was looking to increase the precision of its disease prediction models. They were confident that AI could be a helpful tool in this endeavour, but they needed to develop a model to support their claim.
Using a small, proven real-world data set on Treatment-Resistant Depression and NASH, a severe form of hepatitis, the firm developed a scalable, AWS cloud-based Machine Learning tool called Deep Miner with the help of a cloud service provider.
The solution provided insights to improve drug development and clinical trial preparation across various data sets. The model outperformed previously evaluated conventional studies in terms of prediction accuracy. The accuracy increased by over 40%, which helped the company understand unmet patient needs and enhance patient outcomes.
CASE STUDY 2
An established insurance company recognized that maintaining data presented too many challenges. The client acknowledged that it required a new platform to enhance reporting and change a culture in which choices were made based on presumptions. The process started with a fundamental idea: showcase the commercial value contained in the company’s data by unlocking it. The cloud solution helped the client think through these root-level challenges and designed an implementation roadmap. The company could develop into a data-driven powerhouse and embrace cutting-edge technologies to capitalize on new opportunities after implementing the cloud ( Steps of Cloud Migration ).
Digital transformation is a significant change in corporate activities, processes, capabilities, and models to fully enhance customer experience, and cloud computing lies at its center. Hence, the time is now to adopt a cloud-first strategy if you want to accelerate your digital 2.0 goals.
Looking for expert technology consulting services? Contact us today.